We participated in an energy efficiency bookmarking project. We scored 94 out of 100 sustainable consumption of electricity, gas, and water! This makes us qualify as "Most Efficient" in the Statement of Energy Performance.
1. Floor tile in lobby made from recycled materials by Fireclay.
2. Desks in rooms made from original armoires. Work performed on-site (no carbon footprint) by Refinishing Touch
3. 100% organic cotton sheets from Coyuchi, a local company which only sources fair trade and organic cotton
4. Mattresses used from McRoskey Mattress Company that builds luxury beds from the finest materials like organic cotton, Eco-Wool®, Natural Talalay Latex, American- made spring steel
5. Bedding including by-product down comforters, pillows and organic cotton comforter covers, and pillow shams by SDH linen
6. Towels are a bamboo and organic cotton blend made at wind turbine powered plant by Nandina fibers
7. Hardwood flooring in rooms is FSC certified hardwood by Eco Timber
8. Carpeting in rooms is recycled carpet tile, which allows you to replace only the stained or damaged tile without throwing out the entire carpet - by Flor carpet tiles
9. All flooring adhesive used is eco-friendly, very low VOC. Taylor MS Plus Greenguard indoor air quality certified (www.wftaylor.com)
10. Draperies made of recycled plastic soda bottles and polyester and are non-formaldehyde. All have insulating liners sewn in. (www.qcollection.com)
11. Shampoos, soaps, and conditioners are organic and made by EO Products, a local company (www.eoproducts.com)
12. All cleaning products are natural and non-phosphate and hydrogen peroxide is used instead of bleach or ammonia (www.sierranaturalcleaners.com)
13. No VOC paint throughout the building (www.benjaminmoore.com/natura)